04 March 2017

Ombre Quilt

I have no idea when I started this project. I know it's been living in 'no photo' purgatory for a long time. It's also been at the bottom of my travel case, only getting attention when it gets uncovered. 

I don't know why. 

The fabrics are incredible and I'm so excited to start layout planning. 

Oh, maybe I do know why. I've been putting the blocks together right side together -- so only seeing solid gray and the back side of the fabrics. Hmm... 

Now that they are all cut apart again, I can iron and reacquaint myself with the beauty of the project. That's way more inspiring and interesting! 

Twisting these blocks back and forth to create different options is a blast, but I quickly settled in on my two favorite outcomes. 

I love the 'diamond' blocks best, but the X style blocks are going to grow on me... I think. 

Assuming all goes as planned, I should have 8 blocks in each color set. My goal is to make all the blocks (diamonds and x's) then determine a final layout from there. Just to see how they might look, I put them out 3 across, but I'll probably do 4 across when I'm making the top. 

I am having a wonderful time working on these -- but as always, real life calls much more loudly than a sewing machine or iron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment