13 March 2016

Tiny Updates

I'm still here, but there's very little to share -- unless you want updates on diapers and laundry and litter boxes. No? Me either.

But -- things are happening. Not a lot and not quickly, but they are.

I'm working on a quilt in my local group time -- it's kind of a free form barely medallion style quilt. It started with my favorite starburst style block, and I'm building out from there.

 At the end of the first month.

At the end of last meeting. You can't really tell, but the strange multi colored border is dogs in sweaters. I think it needs at least one more border. Maybe red with white dots? Maybe another set of HSTs or something else more time consuming?

I obviously hit the wall on making decisions for that quilt, so I started on something else before the meeting was up and it was time to quit for two weeks.
This is a little farther along now, but I haven't taken a new photo yet.

On my own I've been working on this oddblock (leftover blocks and fabric from a project the quilt group did for me) leftover thing:
It's grown -- slowly -- into something larger, and hopefully large enough for what I want to do:
Please ignore the nursery decorations hanging in the way... that ribbon jellyfish is the best thing in the world right now, and I don't dare move it. I have the fabric for the backing of this oddblock project, but I haven't taken the time to work on it yet. I think I'm dragging my feet because I don't want to baste -- and I can no longer claim I'm putting it off for being pregnant (like I did all last year on many projects).

Quilt group is this week, so I'm hoping to make some serious progress again. Or at least, some progress. If not, at least I'm going to have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment