04 January 2017

Quilting the 2016 Starburst!

I ought to find something to knock on, but so far 2017 has been a great year for accomplishing stuff!

I basted quilt.

And quilted it.

And although I don't have a new photo -- I even got it bound!

It hardly took any time at all. Once I jumped in and got going.

It's just the getting started that is hard.

Unless the nearly-toddler is around. Then it's all hard. No matter how little it is.

(Except I'd much rather hang out with him. But I can't do both things at once -- four hands are too many for quilting, and one isn't enough!)

The two above photos kind of show the pattern, but I'm not sure they show the colors...

I quilted it in some colorful thread -- a little reddish pink, a little yellow, and a little green. I really just doodled a pattern, then echoed it out so that the edges were more densely quilted and the center wasn't too densely quilted. I had envisioned trying my hand at some smaller doodles -- maybe more like swirls and circles -- but I need more practice before that's something I'm ready to pull off!


The above shows the colors a little more. In life, the photos show up a lot better but still aren't distracting from the top in any way.

I'm really excited to see how this photographs under better lighting (assuming there will be better lighting). It's spent the better part of the year being worked on in very slow bits and pieces, and I'm very glad that it is finally finished. Finishing this is kind of the... final icing on 2016 being behind me. That's great new. It wasn't the worst year, but it simply seemed like everything was extra frustrating, and extra challenging. I'm hopeful that 2017 will be a less challenging year... and that if it is just as challenging, that I'll be better equipped to rise to meet the challenges!


No comments:

Post a Comment