14 June 2017

Basting and Beginning

Despite my whining, I've made progress. In fact, in the length of one nap (thanks Mom!), I managed to baste the quilt and begin quilting it. Hardly worth all the time I spent blowing it off!

It basted quickly -- and I had a good distraction.
If you can't see, it's the new Beauty and the Beast movie -- which I finally managed to watch. I'll keep my opinions there to myself, but it was a good distraction while I was pinning and quilting.

I love the fabric I'm using as the back - Wonderland, Cotton + Steel - and it really shows what I'm doing with the quilting. Wrestling this quilt through the machine has been a frustration, despite it being such a small quilt, but I'm more than halfway done, so I think I can survive the frustration to get the outcome I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment