24 June 2017

CQG Spider Web Quilt -- Day 5 and 6

Day 5:
I know we had some people feeling a little disheartened over how long we've been working on this quilt.

Except, I think this was only our 5th or 6th day of working on it, and at 2-ish hours a meeting, we're actually doing really well. Especially when one of those meetings was only 2 people, and almost everyone is making summer vacation plans to miss other dates before it's finished.

I have enough triangles cut to make one or two more rows of blocks. If I have enough for 2 additional rows, we'll have an extra long twin. (The goal was a full, but I think morale is low enough we'll call it good at a twin...) If I only have enough for one row, I think I'll finish it out with some strip pieces for a header or footer. I'm tempted to border it out all the way around to get a full, but I have enough on my plate I'm not sure that's the wisest course of action.

Truthfully, we are making good progress -- just everyone is tired of it.

I think our next project might need to be something really fast. Maybe disappearing nine-patch blocks in large sizes, or a large paper piece pattern?

It is tiring to work on the same thing twice a month for four months...


Day 6:

In theory, we are done with triangles.

In practice, I think it needs more.

What we have now will cover the top of a twin mattress -- but there's no wrapability in it. That's not what we want.

I can (and probably will) add some borders from the strips we over-cut. But I'm thinking another row and another column of triangle blocks would be nice. That's... a lot to take on by myself in the next couple weeks, but I think it's the right thing to do.

I'm sure the rest of the group would pitch in if I asked, but I'm also sure they'd rather work on piecing the rest of the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment