10 December 2014

Christmas Table Runner

Since I had so much leftover fabric after the Christmas Quilt was pieced, I've been working on a couple coordinating things to accompany it. I don't think I'm going to manage to finish the other projects I started -- though I'm hopeful I can pull together 4 coasters before Christmas gets here -- I did finish a coordinating table runner.


I used the same blocks as in the Xs and Os Quilt that's been giving me such a hard time most of this year. I love the way the blocks look, and I know I'll be working with this block again in the years to come. It's so quick and easy, but the outcome is so charming.

See -- adorable. 

I even did a little bit of outline quilting, so the back has a hint of the xoxo pattern as well. I know hugs and kisses aren't really a Christmas theme, but I think they could be! 


All in all, I'm thrilled with how this came out -- and I can happily say that it came through the wash with no visible problems, which I cannot say for the Xs and Os Quilt -- which happened to get a second, equally disappointing wash, at the same time as this runner. More on that soon.

For today, I'm going to focus on the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment