10 September 2014

Cue the Sad Music

Thank goodness the Xs and Os quilt is a homeless just for fun kind of quilt, or I'd be in so much trouble!
Three binding problems that require unpicking and restitching.
Several spots where the neutral fabric just came apart at a stitch -- and one spot where the other fabric came apart at a seam line.

Conclusion: I probably was not as careful with my seam allowances as I should  have been.

Going forward, I'm going to remember to stop and check my seam allowances as I work - because fixing some of these issues is going to be a major issue, and probably a major change in the appearance of the quilt...

The binding issues aren't fun, but they're fixable. The raveled (unraveled?) spots on the quilt top are probably going to require some applique and/or a lot of heavy quilting to cover them up. Having finally decided to go light on the quilting for this, I'm not pleased with the idea of doing much, much more.

The one good thing? The batting was right - 6.5 inches between quilting lines was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment