10 January 2016

2015 Goals -- How Did I Do? (haha)

Well, it's not too dismal. But it's not as good as I'd hoped either...

The 2015 Goal/Dream List:
  1. Trip to see Baby C and her family (May?) -- Not happening, though they came to us more than once. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do for this year. 
  2. Go visit in-laws (November)
  3. Read 5+ non-fiction books: 
    1. 'Quilting with a Modern Slant' Rachel May
    2. 'The Circus Fire' Stewart O'Nan
    3. 'Cut the Scraps!' Joan Ford
    4. 'I Love Patchwork' Rashida Coleman-Hale
    5. 'Dessert Roll Quilts' Pam & Nicky Lintott
    6. "The Harvey Girls: Women Who Opened the West" Lesley Poling-Kempes 
    7. "Great with Child" Beth Ann Fennelly
  4. Wear nail polish one day a month (or more) Haha, I think between work and pregnancy, I haven't work nail polish since December 2014. I'm looking forward to bringing it back into my life in the future, but this little bit of pampering is just not happening right now. 4/3/15 Okay, managed it once in November. Wow. 
  5. Donate or dispose of 100 things from within the house 
  6. Renaissance Festival trip
  7. Put an extra $50/month toward savings (most/all months)
  8. Take a family photo 
  9. Mail Birthday Cards (2)
  10. Have the piano tuned
  11. Get a clothes line
  12. Print off 2 years worth of photo books
  13. Replace the duvet cover - In Progress! 
  14. Zero late fees at the library  Let's try for zero late fees from April on? 
  15. Try a new restaurant or cuisine at least twice Wow, seems like this should have happened... did it really not? 
  16. Use stash fabric. More of it, anyway. 
  17. Attend a live performance (play, musical, orchestra, concert, etc.)
  18. Attend 1-2 baby showers
  19. Attend 1-2 birthday parties 
  20. Rearrange the master bedroom north wall
  21. Frames for at least 4 items waiting to be hung (for the master bedroom?)
  22. Replace two small living room bookcases with something more useful
  23. Find a way to squeeze a dining area into the house
  24. Rearrange office??
  25. Trip to see Baby W and her family
  26. Thanksgiving trip 
  27. Update phones
  28. Outdoor storage for seasonal items?
  29. Find home for massive wall hanging
  30. Practice piano and clarinet twice a week or more (at least through April, hopefully longer)
  31. Perform (March/April)
  32. Trip to see brother-in-law and family (May?)
  33. Trip to Kansas/Missouri (September/October) 

Things to Make in 2015
  1. Make the Ditto quilt (I own the pattern and the tool, just haven't used it yet) 
  2. 2014 cross stitch portrait -- In Progress 
  3. 2015 cross stitch portrait? -- or should I abandon this before I run out of room on my wall?
  4. 2 or more Welcome Baby Packages 
    1. Finish at least 4 bibs
    2. Make at least 2 hooded towels
    3. Use quilts already made???
  5. Complete in progress quilts: In progress! 
    1. Wonky Star Sampler
    2. Solids 
    3. Scrappy X+ quilt - Top done, back needed
    4. 2 quilts for our bed -- ugh, I made progress early in the year, but haven't come up with a back for the second one, and the idea of basting just exhausts me. 

I don't know when I'll get around to making much of a dream list for 2016. Most of my goals right now are so basic they aren't worth typing out -- but I'm sure I have a few more hopes that will come to me as I start thinking intentionally about what I want to accomplish. 

First goal of 2016? To get a goal list written and posted before January is over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment