16 January 2016

Starburst Block Variations

My local quilting group is working on a new project beginning with a half-square triangle style Starburst block (also sometimes known as a Blueberry Pie -- though as far as I can tell that has some parallelogram / rectangle blocks instead of being all HST).

I'm sure I'm only scratching the tip of the iceberg, but I thought I'd share a few different ways of assembling the block -- beginning with familiar 'starburst' styles and moving into wilder variations.











Whew! That was a lot of fun.

Now, what if we start putting some of those together into tops?



I love the different additional shapes you can create by putting multiple blocks together!

I've also worked up a few layout options for finishing the whole top, but I think this is enough scrolling for one day. I'll pop those up in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment