05 February 2017

Throw Back

Google Assistant just popped up to remind me of what I was doing three years ago today. 
That seems like a life - time ago --- and I suppose as a mother of a 1.5 year old, it kind of is!

Although just about everything else in the picture has left my house, the chair and my very favorite star burst block are still here and still together.

I'm not sure how long that will be the case though.

This chair has gone from being my sewing and computer chair to sitting at the kitchen table.

It's by far the prettiest one there. One of the others badly needs recovered, while the other is all wood (and holds a constantly sticky high chair). I don't mind that the three don't match.

But knowing that one needs recovered, it is tempting to make the two covers match a little more. Then again, the above chair isn't the sturdiest, so it might end up being replaced -- in which case I'm keeping the cover (though what I'll do with it is a mystery).

Seeing how much cleaning the kiddo's chair needs daily, I'm tempted to at least replace both other seat covers with something easier to clean than cloth.

I don't know if it's a new year thing, a spring cleaning thing, a parent to a toddler thing, or something else entirely, but it's time to simplify again.

The kitchen is getting a major redo, the organization is shifting into high gear, and I'm about to start another heavy duty purge of the house to get rid of things I'm just hanging on to for no real reason.

With the kitchen in disarray right now, it's easy to begin a list of things I expect will be leaving soon. The master closet / storage area is going to be tackled in the next month or two. And I suspect we're going to completely rearrange the living room / office -- which will be another great change to go through everything.

I'm also picking away on a new little project. Because it's more fun to sew than baste. And more fun to sew than organize (sometimes). It's not quite going as I'd hoped, so not pictures of the real deal yet, but it is nice to have a little project I can interrupt a dozen or more times a block without getting completely off track.


No comments:

Post a Comment