23 February 2017

CQG Dresden Days -- Day 2

Since I was doing parenting duty as well as quilting duty at the last meeting, I don't have an updated picture from the end of the meeting. But I took a photo of the beginning of the meeting -- 6 Dresden Plate blocks resting on one of the fabrics we'll be using for the sash and possibly for the borders.

I think this denim-like fabric is going to be a great contrast for the plates. It also helps tone down the orange/rust colors a little.

Although I had to leave at the halfway point, if the rest of the group was able to complete their blocks, at our next meeting we'll only have 2 additional blocks to finish!

So, hopefully we'll be able to split our attention into finishing the blocks, starting on the sash, and maybe making the backing.

March is a challenging month for meeting -- working around spring break and baby showers -- but hopefully we can be quilting on this by April!


No comments:

Post a Comment