03 March 2017

CQG Dresden Days -- Day 3

We had a marvelous meet last night. Although not everyone was able to make it, we were able to make a huge amount of progress on our Dresden Plate quilt.

We split up the remaining tasks last night, so while some people worked on cutting sashing, others were making the binding, working on the few remaining blocks, and beginning to piece together the top.

I finished up my last plate block -- which means we're just waiting on two more to make it back to group. I struggled more this time around than ever before -- but it eventually worked out!

By the end of the night, the back was partially made, binding ready for use, and the top is nearly completed!

How great does it look!? For fabrics that were no one's favorites, the result is looking amazing so far!

There's one more row of 3 plate blocks to attach, and there will be borders added to the two long sides of the top.

The goal for next meet up is to finish the top and get started on basting. If we're really with it, it would be idea to start quilting.

Since I was waiting to get a photo of the top at the end of the night, I even had a few minutes to work on a project of my own. Welcome first photo of my Ombre quilt project!
It's not much to see yet, but I'll be working on cutting these blocks into something prettier over the next few days and hope to be back with an update soon!

We also had a little unofficial vote and chose the next group project -- something I'm super excited to get started on too! I'd call that a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment