03 June 2014

2014 Goal #22

22. Do something more social with sewing/quilting: join a swap, or a bee, or a quilt along. It's time to meet some people and make friends.


Tonight I attended my first - and the first - meeting of a local quilting club. 

In utter defiance of my nerves, everything was a blast and I'm really glad I worked up the courage to get out there! It sounds like most of the other quilters there like picking fabrics, so I'm hopeful they can pass along some knowledge and help me break out of my reliance on coordinating/pre-cut bundles. Not everyone was there tonight, so I'm hopeful that more people can come to the next meeting -- and hopeful that some of them will know a few more of the things on my 'to learn' list. If not, maybe we can learn as a group or something. I don't know - but I'm excited for the possibilities ahead. 

This was a good incentive/reward for getting out of the house and meeting some people. It'll be nice to have a few more people to talk about quilts with - especially since the only other people I see socially on a regular basis are much more interested in video games, sports, and HBO than something like fabric or crafts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment