11 June 2014

Quilt #23: Sweet Serenade Nine on Point


My 23rd Quilt - for now only called Sweet Serenade Disappearing Nine Patch on Point. I wanted to come up with a clever name for this one, something slightly musical and slightly sweet, but anything I came up with seemed way too cheesy.
Washing and drying didn't make a particularly noticeable difference in the crinkle of the fabric, but overall the few tension issues seem to blend a little better.


Any real difference in the tension or crinkliness of the quilt is more noticeable when viewing the back, which does look a little more relaxed after the wash/dry. Before it was a little pulled from the feed dogs -- and probably from me not being careful enough to swap sewing directions every line -- but now it's looking much better.
details, pre-wash
I really loved this fabric line the moment I spotted it, and I knew just which family I wanted it to go to. The road from the initial moment of gotta-have-it-love to the final moments of oh-yes-quilt-love was a little rocky... but I made it back to full on love and I'm so glad I stuck with this one instead of giving up when I just wasn't feeling it.

Although I want to show the post-wash really truly done photos, the lighting in most of the post-wash photos is a little intense and leads to the colors not quite being true. The pre-wash photos (see a few below because you know now that I'm in love with it again I can't stop) show the colors more truthfully.

The quilt will be washed once more before I give it away. I don't worry much about grass or a little bit of pollen getting on the quilts, because I figure most parents are going to wash it before use anyway, but I know these parents-to-be and I figure the less dust, dirt, cat hair, etc., I can share with them the better-- no matter how many times they plan to pre-wash it. If they use it much, I think the quilting is going to get a real work out -- I hope it's up to it! I'd feel more confident if the machine hadn't been giving me so many tension issues.
Ah, from love to dislike and back to love - but well worth it. I hope the recipients like it half as much as I do!


Finished size: 41 x 42 inches.
Fabric: Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey, charm packs plus around 3 yards of fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment