21 July 2017

CQG Spiderweb Quilt -- Decision time.

So, my local quilting group has been working together on a little quilt something like this:
I thought we were done making triangles. I promised the group we were.

To be a twin size, it really needs one more row and one more column.

That's about 11 more squares (or 44 triangles).

I thought I could do it myself over the last few weeks, because I'm so tired of hearing about how everyone else is tired of working on these blocks.

I haven't gotten them made. I got parts of them made, but I'm out of white fabric in large enough chunks to make the needed triangles/squares and...

I could add a border around the outside once the rest of the top is completed. It would have to be about 12-15 inches (total, not per side) to get enough total top to actually cover a person in a twin size bed -- which seems like a massive border to me. That said, it would be so much easier, and require no more fabric being purchased.

I have a few pieces of fabric big enough to do some bordering out of -- or I could make a scrappy border out of the precut strips we have left. Or some of both.

It would look better with another set of stars, but I'm with the rest of the group, I'm done with this.

I don't have to rationalize my decision, but it's also too hot to work on it at my house (it's over 90 outside, and I'm not sure it is any cooler inside -- so turning on my iron for an hour is the last thing I want to do).

I think our next group project ought to be one where we each make 1-2 big blocks and then are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment