15 April 2014

Nearly Back on Track

Replacing the carpeting in our house has taken a huge chunk out of my month - and so has the massive amount of sorting and purging we've done over the last four weeks - but the results have been completely worthwhile.

In the last two months, the living room has gone from this:

To this:
To this:

Do you see all that space!? Such an improvement on the old space - I swear I'm in love every time I walk through that room.

The living room isn't the only major change around here. Since we really purged down, we were able to rearrange the other rooms as well.

Remember the office, that room I've fought with since the day we moved in? Well, it went from a disaster more or less like this:
and this: 

To something significantly more soothing:
and 


Which might lead you to suspect that our little room had an equally great transformation.
From tight and messy quarters:
To an office just for me - which today looks something like this:

There's still some finishing work to do in the bedroom and office - like installing the rest of the quarter round trim where the walls meet the floors - and probably a little more tweaking with the office layout, but it is so much better I just can't keep it to myself anymore. The house feels significantly larger (and not just because of the flooring, taking out that much excess stuff really helped too) and cleaner in ways I don't even want to get in to. The process was horrible -- I'll spare you the 'during' pictures -- but I couldn't be happier with the results.

I've barely done any sewing or quilting since the rearranging process began (about four weeks ago) but as soon as I'm finished typing this I intend to turn on the machine and make some progress on a few things that are waiting for attention! And - I figure nothing will give me better ideas for how to re-arrange my office better than using it. So far I've only been using the desk and the charging station I've set up on the black shelving unit (near the Game of Thrones books and my iron) - which is working fairly well - but I haven't given the sewing desk placement nearly enough use to know if it's going to work.

Hopefully now that we've just got some trim to install over the weekends, I might be able to get back into the swing of sewing and quilting - especially since the 'new baby on the way' announcements in my friends group just don't seem to be coming to a stop any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You've been busy! Sorry I forgot about your blog. In my defense, I sorta forgot about my own non-existent one.

    Lookin' good. :)

    ReplyDelete