23 April 2014

S'mores Quilted

Since we had a couple rented movies to watch this evening, I happily spent about three hours quilting on my S'mores Love quilt.

Using a similar quilting style as in my beloved Happy Go Lucky quilt, I crossed the quilt top with loose chevron style zig zags.
At this point, the quilting isn't particularly heavy. Parallel lines go the length of the quilt in the center of each charm, as well as in the ditches when they come together. Right now, each block has at least one set of lines (either two or three lines) going through it in the shorter direction - sometimes slightly more.
The top could be more densely quilted without becoming overdone. I'm toying with the idea of adding single lines (instead of the pairs and trios I've done so far), but I think I'm at the point where I may be over thinking it. I'm going to step away from this one for a couple days and come back to it with fresh eyes and thoughts.

I also probably need to go shopping to come up with some binding fabric - so it's a great time to take a few days to think before I take the next step, which ever it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment