04 April 2014

Spot the Difference?

Last time I shared the multi-starburst quilt, it looked something like this:

Now, it looks like this:

Even knowing what I'm looking for, I can hardly spot the difference in these photos.

How about another view:

Need a couple hints?


I felt like the quilt needed a little more than just the swoopy lines, so I have outlined the inner stars in each burst. Each one is outlined slightly differently - and as you might be able to see, one of them is outlined twice (see the black/floral backing piece). I am happier with the quilting now - but still wondering if there's just a little more that I can do before it really reaches the moment of 'enough.' Without a set plan, it's always so difficult to know if the quilting is enough or not quite there!


In all honesty, I can't remember the last time I turned my sewing machine on - life here has been so chaotic I just haven't had the time to sit down and really work. I'm mid-chaos right now -- the living room, laundry room, kitchen, and office are all inside out in the middle of the house and I have company coming tomorrow morning -- but I just got news that I need to break out a fabric crush I've been hording for the future-- a future that's coming a little sooner than I'd guessed! (Hurrah for my friends though!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment