07 May 2014

A Little Update

The view out my window today was a bit of a surprise!
These four elk were just hanging out in the neighbor's field - but I suspect they are here to eye the trees and garden again. These ones look younger than the ones who have visited us in the past - and it is earlier in the season than usual too. We started seeing elk around here only a few years ago, so it still seems like a novelty -- but they do tend to eat our onions, break down one of our baby pear trees, and tromp through the rest of the garden generally making a mess.

Between these new 'neighbors' and the threatening weather, I'm a little more hesitant to take off for my daily walk. I've been trying to get 4-5 miles a day total, with at least two miles coming from specific exercise walking instead of just daily walking. It's not bad, but it does require walking right past these guys - something that doesn't sound like a good idea.

Sounds like thunder. That made my choice for me. I'll either pace the house a while, or perhaps pull out my next quilting project... Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment