09 May 2014

Another Iron in the Fire

Remember the fabric I've been sitting on for a few months?

Well, I got news recently that it's time to start working with that fabric.

Fortunately, a little time in my local quilt shop recently gave me just the inspiration I needed to start working right away. The quilt I fell in love with for my inspiration was probably made with a jelly roll and some yardage, so it's nothing I can attempt today, but the on point setting and the neutral outside will still work with the charms and yardage I have on hand for this quilt.

A few disappearing nine-patch blocks, and within one afternoon of work I've got the major part of the quilt top worked out.
Right now I think it's about 44 inches square, which isn't a bad size. I had intended to add a thin border of the background fabric all the way around, but seeing it now, I'm not certain that's something it needs. I had hoped the border would allow the outer corners not to touch the binding, but some of the outer corners are going to be lost either to the border or the binding. Realistically, I think I'd rather see them covered by a coordinating binding than lost to more neutral background.

I'm absolutely loving it, but I am -- as always -- glad for the chance to evaluate before continuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment