04 February 2015

Progression and Prepping

The group wonky star quilt top isn't quite pieced together, but it is getting so close! I'm working slowly and methodically, but I have still needed to make several additional itty bitty stars in order to make it all fit without too much blank space. 

There's still a little more work to do to bring it all together, but the end is in sight. Initially, this seemed daunting, but I've been able to pick it up and put it down as time allows and it hasn't been as overwhelming as I feared it might be.

I had hoped to finish up the remaining last five seams last night, but instead I forced myself to set it aside and work on something else -- prepping for the next project we're taking on as a group.
For a first time run through, I think it turned out fairly well. I picked up quite a few tips for the next one, which I'm excited to start on later this week. The biggest issue with this block is the amount of time it took me to make it! Pressing and checking the square after each seem was important, but that took a lot of time -- almost an hour and a half from cutting to pressing after the final piece. So, here's hoping future block assemble a little more quickly, but I'm also feeling a little more hopeful about the next project.

Alright, time to turn on a movie and finish up the wonky star top. I really want to have this done by our meeting. In a dream world, I'd love to baste it, but that seems unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment