22 February 2015

CQG Progress

After spending an entire meeting cutting pieces, I think everyone was happy to get back to sewing this week. The first time through this block is a challenge, but experience is a great teacher and it is much easier on subsequent blocks. Not everyone was able to come, so next time we'll still have some first timers going at this block, but we'll also have a lot of experienced people in the room, so I hope that we'll be able to knock out even more blocks than we did this week.

At the conclusion of our meeting, we had 12 finished log cabin blocks -- out of a total of 49 needed for our top. That's not a bad start, but I'd love to be farther along so we still have some group time left on this project when it comes to piecing the top.

So far, looks pretty good to me, but I can't wait to see more finished blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment