11 June 2016

Again in June!?

Hey, what do you know -- two posts in June? And I actually have made progress on a quilt or two? This is a big moment after nearly a year of doing almost nothing -- well, almost nothing quilt related!

Thanks to a 3 hour get-away with my local quilting group, I've made quite a lot of progress -- some progress on one of my inherited projects and a finishing touch for this old 'embraceable' quilt, which is perhaps now known as the 'serviceable' quilt.

This top was made up with the leftover pieces from a Persimmon charm pack + jelly roll, while the fabric pieces I purchased the two pre-cuts for went to a different project. This top has sat around waiting for binding for way too long -- and the inherited quilt I've already introduced you to came with fabric colors that coordinated just enough that I thought I could get away with using some of it for binding. As much as I like going to the fabric store, it's always nice to find something in the stash that will work instead.

I think the lucky coordinating sheet back is one of my favorite parts of this quilt. It is just such a perfect match. And the butter and blue scrappy binding coordinates well with the back too -- another lucky moment!

It's in the wash right now, waiting to be turned into a baby shower gift the moment it's dry. I'm excited to have it done, but really, I'm excited to have had a baby shower gift so ready to go. And lucky too, because my stash of finished quilts has really dwindled over the last year or so of minimal activity.

Thanks to my own projects and the inherited ones, I'm trying to slowly build up another stash -- but so many friends having babies this fall is making that a bit more challenging! But I'm not complaining at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment