15 June 2016

Another Inherited Quilt

I can't tell you how many 'inherited' projects I've picked up so far this year -- and there may be a lot more to come from what I hear. I figure I'll have several to pull out in the future, but I've got a couple I want to work on right away. These tend to be the larger ones, or the ones where what to do with them is more obvious. Some of the other projects are just enough blocks that I can't justify doing nothing with them, but not enough to easily turn into anything without me making more blocks of the same style.

After checking to see that my initial guess on who 'needed' this top were wrong, I've got a new intended recipient in mind (assuming she turns out to be a she-- or even turns out at all since I'm jumping the gun just a little bit here!) and I'm so much more excited about working on this one.

Fortunately, whatever the plan was with this particular top when it was started, coordinating fabrics were kept with it, so I'm close to ready to build a top already!

Unfortunately, there are only 7 of the Dresden plate blocks. I can't imagine what was going to be done with seven, so perhaps theysimply didn't get finished. But I haven't any more fabric to make more that match... not even of the plain background they are hand stitched onto.

I'm feeling the floral print (I'd call them black eyed susans) as the backing, and I've already cut the yellow into sashing and borders. I'm thinking the dark brown will be binding, and maybe a detail in the sashing if I'm detail oriented enough.

But two additional blocks? That has me a bit stumped at the moment. Well, while I stumble along looking for inspiration, I'm pinning ideas away here.  Hopefully I'll stumble across something I like, but in the meantime, at least I've got some ideas on sashing and other details between here and a finished quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment