28 June 2016

(Inherited) Scrappy Crow Quilt

Quite the name, I know, but it's sure 'scrappy' and as far as I can tell the fabric was called 'a year to crow about' -- so scrappy crow it is!

The scrappy top came together quickly, and is adorable -- if neither perfect nor my taste.

(I know, I'm supposed to find indirect sunlight without shadows of trees, but give me a break, it's over 90 degrees out there and I'm actually accomplishing stuff! If I hold out for either better photos or better weather, nothing will ever happen here again.)

I just added 2.5 inch square patchwork between each block and then all around as a border. It's really busy, but cute.

For the back, I just pushed together scraps until I had something large enough to work with. It's not nearly as cute, but it's going to work.

And by using the same fabrics, it does coordinate perfectly, which is nice.

By far the cutest detail on the back is this little corner:
which was built of more of the started but not finished pieces that came with the blocks and fabric I've used. I think it will make a natural and perfect quilt label area.

Binding is already made for this one -- scrappy as well, of course. So, it's just a matter of basting. Which is where I bog down on every project these days!

I'm hoping to get some folding tables set up outside some time and have a basting party. I do have some spray baste to test out, but I want to start with something smaller (I think). I also have a newly improved stash of pins, so hopefully I can get a couple things done while I have a good setup going -- assuming I can do such a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment