21 June 2016

Butterfly Charm Blocks for Dresden Plate Quilt

Slowly but surely, I'm making progress on these butterfly charm blocks!

Not including my mistakenly too bright yellow butterfly, I'm currently standing at 3 of 4 done:


Aren't they adorable?!

The green is made up of the last tiny pieces of one of my very favorite green scraps. The yellow and tan butterflies are made completely from coordinating scraps that came with the quilt.

These blocks are taking me around an hour to an hour-and-a-half a piece to finish, so it's been a challenge to squeeze them in to my day. Then again, knowing exactly what I have to do -- and how long I'll need to do it -- is helping everyone else get me the time to work on them. Which is a lot of fun.

Basting, quilting, even working on larger tops is harder to squeeze in. It often feels like I'm finally set up to start and boom! Time's up!

I'm crossing my fingers to get the orange one done yet tonight. I can't wait to see all four of them finished. I'm also crossing my fingers to have enough background fabric left to piece these 5 inch squares into 12 inch blocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment