11 November 2013

Semi-Sampler Quilting Plan

Once again calling on my limited Paint skills, I've worked up a loose mock-up of what I think the semi-sampler quilt might look like after quilting: 


I'm leaning towards straight lines in two directions. Sets of two in the horizontal direction, sets of three in the vertical. I'm hoping the lines would be a bit more subtle than they are in my mock-up here...

I really like the idea. And seeing it, even with massive lines, gets me really excited to start stitching. But it is going to be incredibly time consuming. And straight lines aren't exactly my strong suite.


My Paint wavy lines are too perfect to give a good idea what I'm more likely to end up with - but it still looks good to me...

Decisions, decisions!

I'm still leaning towards straight lines - even though it's more time consuming and will probably require tape to help me get straight lines. But I'm definitely going to think on it for a couple days before I do anything. Yes, I do recall saying that good and done is better than perfect, but I'm not ready to commit to this much work yet. I want to spend another night or two thinking if there's anything else that might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment