14 July 2014

Mini Vacation

We've been back from our first of the summer's mini vacations for over a week now -- but I still feel like I'm playing catch up in all areas of my life!

We had an absolute blast hanging out with our friends and their 'baby' -- who is very much a toddler and nearly 2. All three of them were so much fun to be around for a while, and I know we all wish we could have stayed longer - or that life worked out for us to be able to see each other more than a couple times a year.

We played with fireworks (as you can see above, in the intentionally blurry photo), watched a firework show, and had some amazing food both from their kitchen/grill and some restaurants. I had an absolutely amazing jerk chicken with sweet potato dish that rates well within the top five dishes I've ever had.

Long story short, I'm already counting the days until we can find another reason to visit our friends -- and not only for the food they make and have up in their part of the world!

I thought I'd be able to step back into the regular movement of my life as soon as we got back, but it's been a bit of a struggle even before Friday and part of Saturday were taken up by dealing with mysterious cat illnesses, so I'm going to take a couple personal days and hopefully be back later in the week with some updates.

Oh, and Momo is apparently on the mend. We never did get an answer as to why he was refusing food, running a higher than usual temperature, or any of the other concerning issues, but at least we know it isn't any of the usual suspects. He's been shaved, poked, prodded, subjected to x rays and ultrasounds and blood tests, and every test says he's doing fine. It's not as definitive as a diagnosis and an answer, but at least he's eating again and acting more like himself. Hopefully he's well on his way to being better and we won't have to stress ourselves - or him - by going through any of this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment