28 July 2014

The Other Stash...

I really have no plans for these little projects, but they're getting done anyway. Partly to use up my stash, partly to have a few things to draw from as more and more friends keep having more and more babies! I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with everyone - what a happy problem to have! - so I'm making a few soft and sweet little blankets and things to pass out when I'm not able to make something more intense.

Already in the stash is a happy little denim and fleece blanket:

And joining it today is a hot pink and aqua  owl and rosette/minky blanket:
I love how perfectly the hot pink rosette fabric goes with the hot pink owls! And even better, the owls are stash and the rosette was a clearance remnant piece.I might even have enough to make a second one of these... though it might have to be a little smaller...

This little stash also includes two other tiny quilts that I'm working on whenever I have absolutely no desire to work on one of my bigger projects. There's not much to show yet, but here's a sneak peak (in the form of an old photo) of what else is going on in my 'secret' stash:
I haven't made much progress on it - partly because I'm waiting for a hint that I need to get working on it. I know the point is to be ahead, but I'm hoping that having a plan and fabric already will put me far enough ahead that I can keep up with everyone. I think last count has me anticipating 6-10 Welcome Baby packages to make in the next 8 months or less. Between that number and the number of hours I've been working, or filing with other non-sewing, non-quilting activities, I'll need all the head starts I can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment