07 July 2014

Welcome Baby D Package


Despite what this looks like, I promise this is actually a fairly small Welcome Baby Package.

Okay, maybe not small - but certainly not something that took a ton of effort or energy over the last couple months. Probably because I started working towards this shortly after the soon-to-be-parents got married. There's really no excuse... just something I did for about three years.

The parents-to-be are both musicians and both highly creative/artsy, so anything with music joined my stash for them. Spacing that 'work' out over the course of three (okay, maybe closer to five) years makes it no work and no effort at all.

The quilt and blanket were a bit more effort - but the kind of effort I enjoy.

And picking books to go with? Another kind of fun/effort. I never send books I'm not already familiar with, which means I spend a couple evenings a month browsing through the kids books section. I usually try to avoid hardbound in favor of board books or Little Golden style binding/page combinations, but this very new hardbound was too beautiful - and too great a message - to pass up just because it wasn't as durable.

A part of me really wants to do one more thing, but with me it is always one more one more. Whatever it is that says 'okay, that's enough,' I don't have it when it comes to quilting, crafting, or putting things together for those I love.
Because my July is already off to a rather hectic start, I'll be dropping the package off this weekend. I hope the parents-to-be enjoy our choices -- and I'm looking forward to getting to see them again!


No comments:

Post a Comment