27 January 2015

Quilting In Progress

It's probably pretty clear that I tend to jump into projects without really thinking things through. I know there are some people who create things by thinking every step out and then going methodically through their plan -- and yes, I do have my moments when I can be that way. But as a general rule, my sewing machine is the place where I let go of all my type A everything has to be in order ways and just be.

So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that although I set out to make a six pointed star outline in my quilting, I wound up with a five pointed star...
I'm not sure you can see that -- but the quilting I've started working with is part of a 5 pointed star. I stitched my initial outline then worked out from there. I still need to decide what to do 'inside' my initial line. I don't really want to continue the star shape -- to be honest, I'm a little worried my basting will prove not good enough and I'll end up with some wrinkles in the inside angles. Continuing the shape will add consistency to the quilting of the top, but I kind of want to shake it up now. 

I'll be playing around with it for a while before I decide on anything. I really love this top and I want to make sure I'm choosing the right thing. I also want to be certain that I'm quilting across the areas that look iffy -- I don't want another quilt to come apart in the wash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment