01 March 2015

February Wrap Up

February Goals 

Personal: 
Read 5+ Books
  • "Deerskin" Robin McKinley
  • "Quilting with a Modern Slant" Rachel May
  • "Exquisite Captive" heather Demetrios
  • "The Circus Fire" Stewart O'Nan
  • "Cut the Scraps!" Joan Ford
  • "I Love Patchwork" Rashida Coleman-Hale
  • "Dessert Roll Quilts" Pam & Nicky Lintott
Average 13000+ steps per day -- Nope, I've been lucky to get 10,000 most days. The energy levels are just not bouncing back as much as I'd like (so much for that second trimester boost I was promised). I can make it if I have to for work, but if I'm at home pacing out my last mile or so, I'm lucky to make it to 11,000. 
Weekend trip to see family
Plan March family/work trip

New Projects / Pinterest Challenge: 
1+ new recipe -- Actually, yes! Except that my husband (wonderful creature) did all the work while I was still sleeping. So, I got to experience the benefits without any of the work. Still, if you're looking for a delicious little bite, try king cake bites from Plain Chicken. So delicious. 

My Projects:
Finish 1 quilt top: Random Reflections 2 of 2 -- I am 9 lines of stitching away from being done with the top. It's so close it is frustrating, but I just haven't managed to iron yet. I should have ironed before working on the layout. Now I'm afraid I'll mess it up if I take it out of the pile. 
Finish piecing quilt group wonky star top -- Yes! 
Master a log cabin block
Wash my wonky star quilt -- Instead I put a brand new box of swiffer sweepers through the wash. I'd like to get all the cardboard crumbs picked out before I put a quilt in it. Which at this point requires help since bending over like that is no longer comfortable. 

Grown Up Junk:
Schedule next cat/vet appointment  
Replacement windshield for the car (if the weather gets better)

House Stuff: 
Continue sweeping every other day, cleaning bathrooms once a week
Start mattress shopping


I feel like February kicked my butt! My grand plans for accomplishing things really fell apart before the month even started properly, and I just couldn't get back on track. I'm supposed to be feeling more energetic than in first trimester, but so far I think it's less. I'm not going to go into the details, but being pregnant is hard work. I'm struggling to balance my desire to accomplish things with my new real need for sleep (what happened to sleeping 4-6 hours and being okay?), putting up my feet, and staying hydrated. My desire to accomplish things is still high, but my actual ability to do so is pretty low. A visiting friend last week told me that I have now joined the rest of the world, now that I can no longer accomplish twice as much as any of them. I'm afraid his statement is truer than I'd like.

That said, I still have some high hopes for March...



No comments:

Post a Comment