27 April 2015

Hooded Towels Again

With another influx of babies coming to my life this summer, it's time to get back to making some of my favorite baby gifts: hooded towels.

My favorite tutorial for these is over at Obsessively Stitching -- in part because I like the less pointy headed hood, and in part because I love how easy this makes it to whip up two in one sitting. I never want to let the half-hand towel sit around cut but unused, so it's a great incentive to me to make two before I stop for the evening.

When I make two for one home or one baby, I like to keep one as simple as possible with no added bells or trims, then add a little something extra to the second hooded towel. Although there are lots of cute ways to dress these up, my favorite involves cutting off the thick trim that comes on the towel and replacing it with some bias cut trim/binding. This dresses up the hooded towel while also cutting down on the bulk -- especially handy when finishing the hood.
Since I had some leftover binding from the Autumn Woods quilt, I went with that for one of my two.

I've got two more towels sitting on my desk top, waiting for their turn -- which really means waiting for an empty bobbin as I think navy blue towels require something other than winter white thread!




No comments:

Post a Comment