08 July 2015

Oceans Quilt - Bound

Disappointingly, I didn't quite have enough yardage left over to bind the Oceans Quilt bias style, but thanks to a few leftover cuts, I did have enough to go with a straight line binding. It's not my favorite to apply -- though so far I've seen no difference in the wear -- but I just couldn't patch in another color for a quarter of the binding!

It's a little hard to pick out amid all that long grass, but I think the final touch of grey was exactly the right choice. It feels like it brings the whole thing full circle. I love it.
And fortunately, the grey solid binding goes well with the backing too. As I'd mentioned earlier, I'm really pleased with the way the batik on the back coordinates with the grey solid, as well as playing nicely with the more colorful pieces.
Oooh, I just love the colors. I'm in very serious danger of loving the back more than the front. And that's saying a lot.
Yep, it's a beauty. It's not perfect, but assuming it comes through the wash well, I will be proud to send it off to my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment