06 July 2015

Quilting in Progress

I feel like I've spent the day quilting away, but at least I'm making good progress!

The lines are a little bit organic by necessity to line up with the less than perfect seams, but when I step back I'm fairly happy with the way things are turning out so far.

I did go with straight lines through the larger triangles and the pinwheel. It would have been nice to see the whole thing in a meander or something less linear, but I think it is turning out well so far.

I've only managed the interior star block, including the outline there. Two lines on the grey border and some kind of wave-like lines going through the outer two sets of blocks and I'll be done. I'd like to finish it up yet tonight -- but I've got three more miles to walk tonight and I know from experience that I won't be able to sleep (thank you restless legs) if I don't hit my goal. So, sounds like finishing up is a project for tomorrow.

The goal is to be completely done, washed, and ready for packaging up by tomorrow afternoon. As long as everything keeps going this smoothly, I think I just might make it!



Moment of full honesty here: I'm actually posting more than a week behind real time. Which is good, because in reality I did something awful to my back on Thursday and have been utterly helpless most of the long holiday weekend. Sunday was the first time I could get onto or off of the sofa without help, and today is the first day I can breathe fully without excruciating pain. Today I might be able to work the sewing machine on a small or light project, but wresting with even a baby size quilt is beyond my capabilities. As is lifting a full 24 oz water bottle. Good times. Here's hoping for a very quick recovery, and that I can find some cleaning / nesting projects to keep me sane while allowing myself to keep resting and recovering as much as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment