19 June 2013

Slowing Down...


Things may be a little slow around here the next couple weeks. I've been absolutely swamped with work recently - being on site 10-12 hours a day, working through lunch and dinner, kind of swamped. This is great news in many ways: professionally, because we're just a tiny company and being this busy is a great step toward being able to expand (or hire another employee), and personally, because Greg and I are trying to save up for a few major purchases/projects. But it doesn't leave me any time or energy for getting extra things done. Actually, it doesn't leave much energy period - I've been going to bed at 10 (on the nights I'm done working by then!), and I've slept through my alarm more than once!
Kinda old peonies, but still pretty
I'm sure things will slow down eventually (either work will be slower or we'll hire another employee, which could really change my schedule in particular), and I'll be trying to make progress on my day off (though it'll be limited, since that's also the day I have a standing date with a friend, and have to do all the laundry and most of the cleaning for the week!), but if things are quiet or slow around here, at least now you'll know why.

- Amanda


And yes, I realize this slow time is corresponding with just when I said I'd open this up to more viewers than just one. So... I don't know if I'll be getting to that or not. I mean, obviously this isn't a grand time for that - but on the other hand, I've just got to take the leap some time (or give up the idea completely) and it seems silly to want to put on a show of perfection just for the strangers who might stumble across this little blog. In all reality, any day is as good as any other - now that all my secret projects are either on route or completely unmentioned. We'll see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment