03 June 2013

May Wrap Up

What!? I swear there was supposed to be another week of May. I only realized it was the end of the month when I got my pay check. Whoops!

Read 5+ books
Finish "A Storm of Swords" book - Um, I made it through three more chapters... but... no, not so much. 
Finish Welcome Baby Packages (1)
Mail Welcome Baby Packages (2, 3) - This isn't quite going to happen in May, but with the exception of one more thing, they're all taped, addressed, and ready for me to have extra hours in the day during the hours the post office is open! 
Mail congrats. cards (2) Whoops! I completely forgot about these until this moment. Um... better go add a 'belated' to those cards and get them in the mail asap! 
Make progress on long term 'no progress' items. Specifically:
  • Pansy Patch (find) - No, this didn't even cross my mind.
Sell other car 
Pinterest Challenge (non food related) - Nope. Turns out I didn't have the glue for what I planned to use. But I did try three different recipes: Crockpot BBQ ChickenSmothered Burritos, and Pudding Poke Cake
Go on a social outing with friends - Twice! And tried a new to me restaurant. 
Soda-Free Weekends (Beginning Saturday at midnight, Ending when I get up Monday) YES! 
Plus: 
No Sew Wednesdays



I hardly accomplished any of the things I wanted to this month; when work requires a lot of hours, it's much harder to come home and have the time or energy for very many wants. June is also looking to be fairly busy, but I'm still hopeful I'll have the energy to accomplish more - and for those things that require going somewhere, I'm hoping to have a few days with the time to accomplish what I want too!

A part of me wants to feel bad for accomplishing so few of my goals, but the more pragmatic side is too tired to be that upset. I'm barely managing to do the things I need, and so instead of getting caught up in all the things I didn't do, I'm going to concentrate on the things I did manage. While they aren't nearly as exciting, they're way more important to keeping life - and me - working properly.

Meanwhile, even though I have no idea when I'll find the time, I've also just committed to a very time consuming project (more on that later I'm sure). At least it has no real deadline, and it can be broken down into very small time chunks. Hopefully that will help it be a little more possible at the moment than some of the bigger things I've got on the 'to do' list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment