08 September 2014

Binding Day Part 2

After managing to bind my Xs and Os quilt, and get a few photos, I scurried back inside to see if I could finish binding one more quilt before the sun went down. I didn't quite make it, but I went for the photos anyway. Unlike Xs and Os, which is a test on batting and quilting, I'm fairly certain that this little quilt isn't going to be doing much shrinking or anything else too strange in the wash.
Although the leftover binding from Xs and Os is slightly darker than the browns of the S'more Love line, I think they worked well enough together -- probably as well as anything I could have picked out shopping specifically for this one.
I also think the darker brown binding does a little bit to tone down that bold backing. Don't get me wrong, I love a bold back - most of the time - but I know I'm a little fonder of orange and geometric prints than most, so I figure taking it down a notch isn't all bad.

I think this quilt is a little on the scant side, but I've been told I tend to make them a little too large to be useful right away. So, instead of thinking of it as small, I'm trying to think of it as beginner size. Or, since it's so yummy, perhaps 'snack size' is a better term.


I'm completely in love with this one -- and wouldn't mind keeping it -- but I have a growing short list of babies this one would be a great beginning to a Welcome Package for. So, unless I suddenly become terribly selfish, I think this one has several potential homes lined up and I'm just waiting to see which one seems the perfect fit.

I'll be back in a couple days with the post washing photos on this one, though I expect no issues at all. I think I'll still throw in a color catcher, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment