15 September 2014

Quilt #24 : S'more Love Quilt

As expected, my snack size (37 x 25) S'more Love quilt came through the wash with absolutely no issues. No shrinking. No problems with the binding pulling off. Nothing. After my bad luck recently, that was a relief.

Technically speaking, this was an incredibly simple quilt to make, but that doesn't make me love the outcome any less. The fabrics are adorable -- something I wanted to work with from the moment I saw it -- and once I had them in hand, I wanted to go with something that really let the pieces shine instead of chopping them into smaller pieces. This was an easy way to do that - and I think the little pieces of white solid area  good contrast to all the bold, kind of retro colors in the fabric line.

Quilting wise, I went with my favorite chevron inspired quilting. I hadn't wanted to quilt it too heavily, but now that it's been washed, I think I could have done about twice as much. It doesn't need it - it's quite securely quilted - but I certainly could have done more without distracting from the fabrics.

Backing material and binding material both came from stash - one truly from the depths of my stash, the other purchased for another quilt I worked on at the same time. Happily, both fabrics seem just about perfect and really work with the rest of the quilt.

I think it's just about perfect, which might be part of why I've got such a long list of families I am considering sending it to upon the arrival of a new baby. I hope to have a decision on that soon, but I'm also in no rush to part with it. I don't mind staring at it for a few months while I wait and decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment