25 July 2012

Insert Angry Title Here

Even after pulling mouse sized piles of lint from my second-hand Kenmore sewing machine, there are still horrible grinding noises.

If I take out the bobbin, bobbin case, thread, and needle, then I can run the machine fairly well. There's an occasional grinding noise, especially when I lift my foot from the peddle, but not bad. If I put the bobbin case back in, things grind almost immediately - but I'm not convinced the sound is coming from the bobbin case area.

I've cleaned it as best I can, and oiled the areas the manual suggests, but that's all I know to do.

So I'm on the search for a sewing machine doctor.

Guess I know what I'm getting for my birthday next month.

At least the vast majority of the things I've been working on have no 'due date' to speak of and can easily be set aside for a couple weeks if need be.


1 comment:

  1. I think my mom has a spare you could borrow for the next two weeks if you wanted... I could ask...

    ReplyDelete