17 July 2012

Snapped

Why did I put this off so long!?

Seriously, adding snaps was not nearly as difficult as I had imagined.


I skipped the advice about practicing on a piece of fabric I wasn't attached to. Which didn't turn out to be as disastrous as it could have. Four snaps in place, and I only had to pry a failed 'set' out once - I could pry the two halves of the snap receiver apart with my fingers, so it was no where near sticking tightly enough to work!

I used a tool from my mom's sewing box to start with - but even having my husband squeeze the tool we couldn't mash things together tightly enough to feel truly set. So, after beginning the process with the tool, I headed to the porch with a piece of wood and a hammer, just to make sure these things were really in place.

The neighbors might have thought I was crazy, but I'm fairly certain these aren't going anywhere now.


1 comment: