02 July 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Marshmallow Rolls

Crescent rolls again? Oh yes. With marshmallows, cinnamon sugar, and butter. 


If you're on Pinterest, you've probably seen these magic-looking rolls go by more than once. Sometimes they're called Hocus Pocus Rolls, or Resurrection Rolls, or Marshmallow Rolls. 




Although the recipes I looked at called for the large marshmallows, all I had were the little guys. Larger ones might have been a little easier to work with - for dunking in the melted butter and the cinnamon sugar mixture, as well as wrapping them in the dough - but the little ones worked alright.Wrapping up the bundles took a little coordination to keep all the goodies inside, but no worse than anything else I've wrapped in crescents!




Even when the bake-time was up, these felt a little under-done to my fingers. I pulled them out anyway and let them cool for a few minutes before trying them. When I did, I was happy to learn that they were cooked through. The flavors remind me of the best parts of a cinnamon roll - the marshmallow gives it almost an icing like flavor, and you know I love cinnamon. 


So, what's with the names: Hocus Pocus and Resurrection? The marshmallow more or less vanishes during the cooking process, which can be magical, or an Easter lesson. 

Whatever you're calling them, or using them for, these little rolls were clear winners around here.

These are not only joining the regular rotation around here, but they're also going on the list for items to take/bring to any holiday meals or parties. So easy and so delicious, this is exactly the kind of thing I love to have in my pocket for little events.

No comments:

Post a Comment