10 July 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Bath Apron

I've had this Martha Stewart Bath Apron on my brain ever since I first saw the pin.

I was sure I'd make it as part of Welcome Baby C Package. Then I was sure it was impractical. And back and forth I went.

Well, with an episode of 'Land Girls' left to watch after my Improvised Jungle Blocks play I thought I'd at least give it a try.


Unfortunately, until I have a better model, or another photographer around, that's the only picture I have.

After reading the comments on the site, I deviated from the original pattern in two ways. First, I added waist ties, more in the style of a traditional apron. Secondly, I made a bit of a pouch of the fabric. This was partly to bring the length off the ground (for me anyway) a bit more, and partly because I like to use things with pockets. I figure at the very least it would give the wearer somewhere to stash a toy or wash cloth or something, though it might also work to help catch baby's feet when drying her off.

Momo didn't seem too thrilled in helping me test that last part though, so I'll have to wait until Baby C's parents get back to me on whether this project is a dud or a winner. I did warn them they'd be my test subjects for a few projects - and probably more over the years since I keep pinning baby clothes patterns...


No comments:

Post a Comment