05 August 2013

August Around Here

While some parts of the yard are looking like it's still spring:


And others are looking like summer:



Other parts of the yard are beginning to think about autumn:



While I'm happy to see more of our garden ready to be used - I am not ready for yellow leaves on any of our trees!

I'm also on the look out for a good watermelon. Leaves are already turning yellow and watermelons haven't even peaked around here - this is just not right. Hoping I can find some yet this week - but all I'm seeing are little bitty seedless ones. That's not what I want. I've yet to find a seedless melon that satisfies. I'm searching for the big, ripe, seeded kinds I grew up on. If all else fails, I may just have to go over and raid my grandfather's garden - he's bound to have a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment