15 August 2013

Slow Cooker Korean BBQ

The only Korean food I've had (so far) has been cooked at home with the help of seasoning packages - so I admit, I have no idea what the 'real deal' should taste like. But last week, we happened upon a package of Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces in Sweet Korean BBQ and knew we wanted to give it a try.

Since I spent most of the day at work while Greg got the day off, the effort involved, and the photos, are all his.

Following the directions on the packaging, he added some stew beef that we'd picked up just for trying with this, covered in it sauce, and left it to cook for several hours.

By the time I got home, dinner was waiting for me!


Yes, you might notice, it cook just a little long, which led to some of the pieces being a little black - but they weren't yet burned, and still tasted great. We ate it over quinoa (having burned rice the last several times we've tried to make it) and with a large side of broiled broccoli. It was delicious. Sweet/savory enough to appeal to his taste buds, but not so sweet that I was unhappy.

Again, following the lead of the package, we packed up the left overs for the next night - tacos with cabbage. I didn't feel like picking up a whole head of cabbage just for this, so I grabbed a bag of 'Asian Chopped Salad' kit - cabbage, cilantro, wonton pieces, and a ginger dressing.

And as I was working again, once again the photos and credit for fixing dinner go to Greg.
Oh My! Honestly, the burritos/tacos/whatever was even better than the previous night (with the quinoa). I especially loved the bites of cilantro against the sweet bbq flavors. And we are always happy to find a new way to eat cabbage - so this is another win win win!

So, slow cooker win and taste bud win? Absolutely doing it again!



Note: I am not in cahoots with Campbell's or anyone else. I was not asked to talk about this nor do I get anything for doing so. Again, if that's ever the case, I'll say so. This really was us just finding something, trying it, and wanting to talk about it a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment