06 August 2013

Got A Back...

It's not quite what I had in mind, but I've made some progress on the back of my Chocolate Covered Cherries quilt (a.k.a. Pink Project). I had some inspiration, but things didn't quite work out quite as well as I'd hoped...


It's still about 4.5 inches too small, so I guess I'd better pick through the selection of pinks (not an issue) to find another print to add. The biggest problem will be deciding how/where to add it.

The little diamonds/half squares are my few remaining scraps from trimming the top blocks. I was hoping to do a little more with them, but since my other backing fabrics were such busy patterns, I chose to consolidate them into larger blocks rather than spreading them out.

My continued struggle to be happy with my quilt backs led me to start a board on Pinterest just for studying backs. And yes, I'll be clicking through on all those pins that promise to share the math of making a great back - even though I tend not to do much math in my quilting (which makes me a bad quilter). I'm going to get better at this... but probably not on this back...

On a happier note - how cute is the chocolate covered cherry fabric! I know the pink in it doesn't quite coordinate with my other pinks, but once I saw it I knew I had to include it somehow.

And while I still don't love it, I actually like it a lot more after spending some time looking at it and trying to write about it. It's not perfect, but it's growing on me. Let's hope whatever addition I come up with only improves my feelings for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment