19 August 2013

My 17th Quilt: Monkey Whack

It's taken me much longer than I anticipated, but the simple stack & whack, stash busting "Monkey Whack" quilt is finally finished - and joining my 'done' stack as number seventeen.


Although I didn't use up all of my stash of this sock monkey fabric, I made another large dent in it - and I did come very close to using up the two mugshot style prints (a completely un-child-friendly name for them, I know, but I don't know how else to describe them) as well as the yellow/pastel bubble fabric that makes up the entire back.


I think that the only purchase I made for this one was the red dot for the binding material. If I recall correctly, even the batting came out of my stash.


As usual (sadly), this will be joining the stash of ready to go baby gifts - but (more happily) this is certainly going to give me a non-pink, non-floral option. And that doesn't hurt.


I think it's come a long ways from the beginning stacks of fabric - with the surprise addition of sash (possibly the best choice I made on this), the surprise addition of quilting (no, wait, maybe this is better), and the bright pop of red for binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment