01 August 2013

July Wrap Up

I can't believe it's already August! What happened to July!? I guess spending most of my weekends traveling and out of the house really made the month fly. I can't believe the summer is basically over already - we should only have another week or less of having irrigation water, and the local schools are getting ready for classes, and I for one am so not ready for any of that! 

July

Read 5+ Books  - And this is where most of this month's progress was made. Because these do travel well. 
Bind Monkey Whack
Find and work on Pansy Patch
Try a new-to-me Recipe (Pinterest or otherwise)  - For what it's worth, I've got a new thing in the crock pot today, so I think this one passes on a technicality. Again, I haven't really been home to grocery shop or cook anything special. More on the new thing later. 
Family trips: birthday party trip, family reunion trip,
Get together with friends - at least one weekend (in addition to the people we'll see at the family trips)
Shopping for new work clothes
Clean and organize the office
Practice piano and clarinet twice a week (which isn't nearly enough, but I'm trying to work up to more)  - No and no. Neither one travels well (okay, the clarinet does travel fine, it's just no one on the other side of hotel walls wants to listen to me for 30 minutes, at 11 p.m. or when ever my free time would have been), so while I did a little practicing, it wasn't nearly as much as I'd hoped. I am going to have to keep working on this one though, I've been given warning that I'm expected to perform at the next family reunion. (I took three years off since last time I performed anything for this group.) With no teacher or anything, I'm a little nervous about trying to come up with something on my own... 
Go for a bike ride
Give the roses some attention

No comments:

Post a Comment