20 March 2014

Cheating

Would you believe me if I told you that this started as a package of ramen noodle soup? Maybe - the noodles did maintain a little of the classic shape I suppose.

Inspired by Budget Bytes chicken yakisoba, I took a couple packages of noodles from our emergency preparedness pantry to see what I could do. A couple of chicken tenders, a bag of frozen vegetable mix, and a little patience raiding the spices and sauces (including lime, peanut butter, worchestershire, soy, and some spicy Asian style seasoning I had forgotten we owned) - and woah, surprisingly good and surprisingly easy.

I can't believe how many times I ate just noodle soup in my college days - when the thought to add stuff to it to make it better never even occurred to me! Seems obvious now and good grief was I missing out all these years. I'm going to have to start buying some for eating as well as for stockpiling in case we're ever low on water or electricity...

In fact - this is what I'm doing for supper again tonight. Can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic! I do love the noodles in Ramen but I too ate too much plain in my younger years to touch the stuff. Yet I always have some on hand!

    ReplyDelete