10 March 2014

Fabric Auditions: S'more Backing

I admit that I really rely too heavily on charm packs and anything else that lets me get a lot of coordinating fabric instead of trying to push myself to pick a few things to go together. I can't remember the last time I really pushed myself to choose pieces to go together instead of relying on lines, themes, or styles to choose instead of my own limited eye for color. One of my goals for this year was to push myself to be a little more adventurous and do some more choosing -- but all that intention aside, I really wish I could instead get my hands on a coordinating piece to go with my S'mores blocks quilt...

Unfortunately, the easy road is closed to me today - so I've pulled a couple backing options from my stash.


Neither one is perfect - I'd say the colors on the first choice are too dark/stark a contrast, and the second is a little bolder (though it looks close to the blue/green/orange fish print on the edge) - but they're in my stash and much more accessible than any thing else I could order! I'm leaning towards the second choice. It's a little less harsh a contrast, and in all honesty, I've been looking for a reason to use it. I think this is going to be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment